Candidate Privacy Notice
Last updated: 14.10.2022
Altenar understands that your privacy is important to you. This recruitment privacy notice describes show we handle and protect your personal data in connection with Altenar’s recruiting processes and programs.
Like most businesses we hold and process a wide range of information, some of which relates to individuals who are applying to work for us. This Privacy Notice only applies to the personal data of job applicants, potential candidates for employment and those who participate in the recruitment process.
By submitting your personal data to us, you acknowledge and agree that you have read and understood this recruitment privacy notice and to the use of your personal data in the manner described in this Privacy Notice.;
2. Data Sharing
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of processing your application which can include:
- Other companies within the Altenar Group;
- Law enforcement agencies, regulators and supervisory authorities where we are legally required to do so;
- Third party service-providers.
3. Personal Data/ Information we collect fr om you
The types of personal data we request fr om you and the ways that we process it are determined by the requirements of the country in which the role you apply for is located, and not the country in which you reside. We collect personal data directly when you apply for a job. This may be information which is included in your curriculum vitae, including but not limited to name, surname, address, location, work experience history, education history etc.
4. Use of personal data
We collect and use your personal data for legitimate purposes, human resources and business reasons to:
- identify and evaluate candidates for potential employment, as well as for future roles that may become available;
- maintain records in relation to recruiting and hiring;
- ensure compliance with legal requirements;
- protect our legal rights to the extent authorised or permitted by law;
5. Legal Basis for processing your personal data
Our Processing of your personal data for the purposes mentioned above is based on:
- legitimate business interest in evaluating your application to manage our relationship with you, to ensure that we recruit appropriate employees, and to evaluate and maintain the efficacy of our recruiting process more generally;
- performing contractual and precontractual measures relating to our potential employment relationship with you;
- compliance with applicable law with regard to personal data necessary to satisfy our legal or regulatory obligations;
6. Your Rights
We take reasonable steps that are designed to keep your personal data accurate, complete, and up-to-date for the purposes for which it is collected and used. We also have implemented measures that are designed to help ensure that our processing of your personal data complies with this Recruitment Privacy Notice and the applicable laws.In accordance with applicable law, you may have the following rights:
- a right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you and details of how we use that information;
- a right to amend or rectify your personal data if any of the information held about you is incorrect or out of date;
- a right to portability of your personal data;
- a right to request erasure of your personal data;
- a right to demand that we cease the processing of your personal data or that we restrict the processing of your personal data;
- a right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data, to the extent our processing relies on your consent as the lawful basis for processing. This right may not apply if there are other legal justifications to continue processing or we need to retain certain personal data wh ere required or permitted under applicable law; and/or
- a right to provide us with instructions as to the processing of your personal data in case of death;
In addition, and wh ere granted by applicable law, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection authority.
If you would like to make a complaint to access, review, correct, delete or port the personal data we have collected about you, to assert a right with regard to your personal data, or to discuss how we process please contact us at: [email protected].
7. Social Media Tools
Our application process allows you to provide us with relevant personal data from information you have with third party providers ( i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter). If you use your personal data from third party websites, it will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
8. How long do we keep your data?
We will retain your personal information for a period of 12 months, from our last interaction with you, unless we have another lawful reason for retaining the information for longer. After this period, we will securely delete your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
If we wish to retain your personal information on file, on the basis that a further opportunity may arise in future and we may wish to consider you for that, we will write to you separately, seeking your explicit consent to retain your personal information for a fixed period on that basis.
9. Transfer of Information
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or if you would like to communicate with our Data Protection Officer or the Data Privacy Team, please contact us at: [email protected]
Territories of expertise