2 min read
Altenar's Technical Compliance Manager Marina Zacharopoulou Speaks On Altenars Readiness To Enter Canada’s Regulated Market
What regulatory authority has approved Altenar for the market? What have they approved? (i.e. full set of services?)
AGCO - Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario provided us with a Gaming Related Supplier ( Manufacturer) licence. AGCO approved Altenar's sportsbook. Altenar is a technology company operating in the igaming industry that offers managed Sportsbook (Software as a Service) to Business-to-Customer (B2C) operators (the Sportsbook).
Briefly, what was required for the licensing process? (i.e. audits, ISO standards met, data protection etc)
During the licensing process we had to meet a list of standards and a variety of requirements from corporate ones, to security ones as well as auditing our sportsbook with an independent test lab. The ISO 27001 certification which was obtained very recently was a huge asset & benefit for us during the whole process. Of course Altenar is already licensed and regulated in a number of jurisdictions, as such, it was quite straightforward for us to comply with regulations in Ontario.
Can we confirm it is Ontario only that you’ll be going live in at this point?
Yes we are only going live only in the province of Ontario. Each province in Canada has its own regime and the licensing framework is completely different. As you can imagine we are always keen on exploring more Canadian provinces as every new area is a challenge to us.
Assuming your full set of Altenar services will now be available in the market – are there any products in particular to push? (Virtuals, Esports, Terminal etc)
- bet builder on soccer, baseball, basketball, am.football and in a few months on ice hockey.
- Early payout on soccer, am football, basketball ,tennis , baseball and ice hockey
- robust offering of player props across soccer, baseball, basketball, am.football and ice hockey.
- Enhanced parlays and teasers
- 0% margin on selected major markets of major events
- a variety of combination of odds feeds using official real time data for MLB, NBA , NHL, CFL and NFL
- powerful offering of e-sports which is the fastest-growing betting industry vertical.
- improved cashout
- mobile sportsbook native app