9 min read
Checklist for your Sports Betting Site - What Will Drive Traffic
What truly compiles a checklist for your sports betting site? Altenar, a sportsbook solutions provider, will detail in this article what features, products, content and more should be sought by operators when they’re looking to add a sportsbook to their offering, builder sports betting website and any operators who may be searching for a different provider.
Knowing that you’re checking all of the boxes is a must from compliance to content and for this reason ensuring you have the best provider in your back pocket. You can discover more about Altenar and how its sportsbook can benefit your iGaming operations by contacting the award-winning team today!
Below you can find a host of potential features and content that could bolster your sportsbook and iGaming business.
So, without further ado, let’s begin …
The Sportsbook Features To Help You Attract Players | Altenar & You
Having a sportsbook checklist is potentially a vague list of points that might not adhere, in the long-run, to your aims and objectives for your iGaming business. Altenar, a sportsbook solutions provider, understands the importance of a robust, flexible and versatile sportsbook solution and how this can enhance scalability and success.
For this reason, here is an outline of what sportsbook features could attract players to your sportsbook website or mobile app. If you’d like to explore Altenar’s product and services more, contact the award-winning provider today!
- Competitive Odds: Offering competitive odds compared to other operators could be the difference between brand loyalty when it comes to players and bettors.
- A Plethora Range of Sports and Events: Offering your sportsbook players a host of different sports and events will increase your player count, as you’re offering something for everyone. This can be global leagues like football, basketball, cricket, esports, and local games, as well as much more!
- Live Betting: This betting option is a must that allows players to bet on games as they are being played and can create an engaging and interactive experience for players, especially if your country of operations favours watching live sports in social settings.
- Mobile Compatibility: A sportsbook solution that is adaptable to mobile is a must in the growing landscape of mobile technology and sports betting. Altenar offers its providers an Android and IOS certified mobile sportsbook app.
- User-Friendly Interface: An interface that is designed and informed by global players is a must and for this reason, Altenar released (2022) it’s new robust front end, which is entirely built on widget technology. Allowing for greater personalisation and the ability to show your players what they’re most likely to participate in.
- Bonuses and Promotions: offering bonuses and promotions can increase player interaction and draw new players to your betting website.
- Secure Transactions: Using secure payment methods and implementing strong security protocols is a must, and having these types of secure payment structures can build brand trust with your potential players.
Technology Must-Haves In A Tech-Savvy Industry | Upping The Stakes
As a sportsbook software provider, Altenar is taking steps to ensure that your product and its features are in line with the growing demand for high-tech within the iGaming and sports betting industry.
Not only this, but Altenar ensures the passion for technology and sports betting marry into its product and as a result, the sportsbook software provider has established a well-known name for itself across global betting landscapes.
So, what types of technologies does Altenar employ in its sportsbook and what should you be checking off your sportsbook solution must-have list when seeking a sports betting solutions provider?
Let’s take a peak …
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): AI holds inordinate potential within the iGaming space and Altenar not only understands the value but is implementing AI into its sportsbook solutions. AI can help in analysing bettor behaviour, preferences and making recommendations for bets and offers which could drastically increase player satisfaction rates and introduce a seamless sports betting experience from backend to front end. AI can also be used for risk management.
- Big Data Analytics: The implementation of Big data analytics and systems are helping Altenar analyse large amounts of data to identify patterns and trends, and to optimise their partner’s operations. Not only this but Altenar is making large steps in its data analytics journey and you can discover more about the provider’s aims and current achievements here.
- Mobile App: As a mobile-first sports betting solutions provider, Altenar has an intrinsic understanding that any solution designed for you should be easily accessible and offer the same business logic across numerous devices. Betting on-the-go is a must in recent years. Altenar recently released its mobile app and you can discover more about this by contacting the team today.
- Live Streaming: Live streaming can enhance the betting experience and increase player engagement.
- Virtual Reality: Offering a host of virtual reality services and content can bolster an iGaming venture and increase player satisfaction.
Content, Content, Content, It’s A Three-C World | Betting & You
In a world where content is often king, it’s important to offer the right kind of sports betting content to the right audience as this can be the difference between achieving success in the iGaming industry.
As a global and award-winning sportsbook solutions provider the team at Altenar have a vast content house bringing international, national and local content all to one point of reference for your players. With official data feed providers you’re sure to score big with Altenar’s content offering.
So, let’s see what types of content could be on your page.
- News and Updates: Offering updates and news on sports leagues and teams can increase your player satisfaction as they are able to find all of the information and entertainment they’re seeking from one point of reference: your website. Helping to keep players informed can bolster their satisfaction levels.
- Educational Content: Offering guides on how to bet, the basics of sports betting terminology, and common betting strategies, can help to recruit new players to your website who may not have bet before or have limited knowledge. This isn’t to say give away too much information, but to inform them on the betting industry and the types of leagues and tournaments could be beneficial.
- Live Scores and Results: On top of adding educational and informative content, you could offer live scores and results from the games and events your players are betting on. This is a nice addition for players and bettors who are heavily invested in their favourite teams and sports events.
- Video Content: Creating video content such as tutorials, analysis, and highlights can engage players on a different level, especially in the age of TikTok and Reels Player’s potentially want to digest information in a quick and simple format like video.
- Interactive Content: Addressing your players and audience is a must in the world of content creation because this allows greater personal identification with your brand and your content. Players and bettors love to get closer to the content they love and part of this is interacting with their favourite betting operator. This can be achieved through polls, asking questions, creating interactive games and so on.
- Professional Leagues: Introducing leagues like football, basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, and more. With Altenar you can access, National Football League (NFL), National Basketball Association (NBA), Major League Baseball (MLB), and National Hockey League (NHL) amongst a host of others.
- Esports Leagues: Esports is a growing area of sports betting and one that took off throughout the Covid-19 pandemic and has introduced an influx of new and younger players to the sports betting industry.
- Non-Sports Events: Some sports betting websites also offer betting on certain events like political elections, entertainment awards, and other novelty bets.
You can discover more about Altenar’s content and what the award-winning team can offer to you and your players by contacting the team today! Alternatively, you could find Altenar at a host of expos and events in the iGaming industry, discover where in the world the tier-one provider will be next!
Compliance Is The Name Of The Game | Regulation & Sports Betting
As a sportsbook solutions provider, Altenar understands the importance of multi-jurisdictional compliance and as a provider with a host of certifications and licences your operations will be in the best hands when it comes to sportsbook solutions providers.
Though regulations differ from country to country and so settling on a strict checklist is nearly impossible, there are some rough checklist points you can ask for when inquiring about a sportsbook solution.
You can discover where in the world Altenar holds regulatory must-haves here and if you’re seeking to enter one of the many betting landscapes contact the award-winning team today!
Below is a list of potential must-haves when it comes to licence and certifications for regulatory compliance, however, this is subject to change per country and betting territory.
- Gaming Licence: A gaming licence is required to operate a sports betting website legally in most jurisdictions and will be issued by the governing body. This will ensure that you’re reporting, filing, compliant and paying any necessary tax to ensure the safe and legal running of your sportsbook and iGaming venture.
- Compliance Certification: Sports betting websites should also obtain compliance certification from third-party auditing firms, this ensures that your sportsbook provider is above board and keeps its technologies and your operations in line with any and all legal requirements. relevant laws and regulations, including fair gaming practices, responsible gambling measures, and anti-money laundering requirements.
- Payment Processor Certifications: Sports betting websites should have Payment Card Industry (PCI) certification and be compliant with Payment Services Directive (PSD) regulations - this will help to reassure your players and all governing bodies that you're protecting people’s personal data and taking steps against money laundering.
- Data Protection: Complying with data protection regulations, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the European Union or the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) in the United States is a must for sportsbook providers and operators.
- Responsible Gaming Certification: To demonstrate a commitment to responsible gaming practices should attain a responsible gaming certification from independent organisations to ensure that your chosen provider is seeking responsible gambling measures.
Altenar has a host of information about its compliance infrastructures, licences and much more on its website, otherwise you can contact the team today to discover more.
Never Miss A Marketing Sign | Sports Betting Websites & Marketing Your Content
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): This type of content can help increase your internet search ranking while harnessing the power of keyword searches. Getting your brand name into the big leagues.
- Social Media Marketing: Promoting the website through social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn shouldn’t be misplaced or undervalued, as the world, even the iGaming one, spends a lot of time online looking for new content, existing content and much more. Social media marketing is a great tool for up and coming brands, as well as established ones.
- Advertising: Running targeted ads on search engines, social media platforms, and other websites can help attract players to your content and there are new and innovative ways to advertise all the time as more sports and Esports enter the betting sphere.
- Content Marketing: Creating thought leadership pieces can position yourself as a go to operator for sports betting and iGaming especially if you offer a player-centric sportsbook that has increased their satisfaction levels. Content marketing can come in many forms from blogs to video.
- Email Marketing: Sending emails can be your best friend, especially if they’re filled with interesting and regular content: newsletters, promotional offers, and updates.
If you’re looking for a sportsbook solutions provider who checks all of the boxes on your list, contact Altenar today! Discover betting excellence and how the award-winning sportsbook solutions provider can level-up your business!